Friday, June 18, 2010

Lighter

Here we go again, Wheeler Peak Wilderness for 3-4 days with Jim Z, on to Fort Collins area for an outdoor party with Jeff, and then … just got word this evening that Martin can’t make it to the Weminuche Wilderness, so the last of the trip is cancelled. Jeff and I may backpack a few days or hang out in Boulder – or not – I don’t know. Photo: We think that's a finch in the left center - the only one we've ever seen

Brief aside/ introduction to the next paragraph: I talked with a nurse today who told me she helped take care of me in surgical ICU and that I was in pretty bad shape. She did reassure me I didn't say anything I'd regret - I have NO recollection of being on a ventilator - days completely lost and that's probably best.

Since that hospitalization, I have been even more fully aware of the many and deep connections to Leslie. Over the past few days I've had feelings of dread about being away from her for so long. In the final analysis - by the time the trip rolled around - this trip was based more on getting into the mountains with Martin vs. just getting into the mountains (though I was really looking forward to getting up there with Jun, too). Anyway, I’m probably coming home a few days early. Photo: At the clinic

The moment I realized the trip would be shorter than I'd planned, I felt lighter. I'd already begun having feelings of dread, and now - now I'm distinctly lighter.

---------

Dream the world all alive
Busily conspiring humming like a hive
Dream the world all alive
I dream it as me

Rise as fair and tender leaves
Brightening in countless eyes
And the sweet song of whales
Beneath the sea

If I could sing only one song I'd sing of you
If I could sing only one song I'd sing of you
If I could sing only one song
If I could sing only one song I'd sing of you


---------
All that's the best about me is about you or for you or from you.

No comments: