Monday, July 20, 2009

A nice thing

(For travel in Asia, go to 11/2008-1/2009 & see link below right; backpacking: Grand Canyon 4-7-2009, Winds 9-12-2008, Maroon Bells 7-21-2008, Bandelier 5-23-2008, Big Bend 3-12-2008)

I wasn’t going to post on this, but when I awoke this morning it flashed across my mind and I realized it had already pretty much slipped my mind. So, from the summer 2009 Baylor Line (Baylor University’s magazine): “Since Baylor’s first graduate in 1854, more than 140,000 men and women have earned degrees from Texas’ oldest university. (Leading up to the sesquicentennial anniversary) The Line is profiling 150 of Baylor’s most remarkable alumni …” I was one of the first 10 profiled. Here is the illustration from the profile. I'm not posting the profile because they got a lot of it wrong or incomplete, e.g., "CK's medical philosophy is simple: 'People at least deserve to have their illnesses treated, to at least have them looked at.'" Just their illnesses? Just looked at? Not hardly. How about, "As you do it unto the least of these, you do it unto me" OR I am my brother's keeper OR sentient beings are numberless, I vow to save them all OR yes, there is room at the inn OR all that really matters is what you do and what/who you be.

No comments: