Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am officially old and in the way

I posted a restrained account of receiving the clear message that I am officially old and in the way. Then, whatever, nevermind, and I deleted it, but want to make note of this week, when, in wonderful symmetry, I brought in $10,000 for the clinic and also got the message.

------------------------
Old and in the way
That's what I heard him say
They used to heed the words he said
But that was yesterday


------------------------

Photo: unnamed tarn somewhere along the 4 Pass Loop in Maroon Bells, 2008

3 comments:

Alison said...

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams...

CK said...

Hi Alison. Nice surprise to hear from you. Best to your family, to Thao, and to all. Old is good to me. The mountains call and I must away

Alison said...

Thanks CK,
All's well in our world. You keep conquering those mountains & chasing those dreams! Thanks for posting the great stories & photo's for us all to share. Best to you & Leslie